Marjanne's Reviews > Talking to Your Kids About Sex: turning "the talk" into a conversation for life

Talking to Your Kids About Sex by Laura Berman

Nov 23, 09

Recommended for: parents
Read in November, 2009

I liked the way this book was set up. The author seemed to address all of the aspects of sex in an appropriate way. I felt like a lot of the topics addressed are a little bit down the road for my family, but it's good to start thinking about all of this. There are definitely some things I need to start discussing with my daughter even though she is still very young. This book gave me some good ideas and a start. I completely agree with the idea that children need to be educated in order to make good choices and that simply saying "don't do it" isn't nearly enough. Good diagrams and while the author is pretty open minded she consistently encourages the reader to think about their own values and the values they would like to teach their children. This may even be a good one to have on my self as a reference.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Talking to Your Kids About Sex.