Krys's Reviews > Hex Hall

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

Sophie Mercer has always had magical abilities. The problem is when you display magic of any kind you get sent to Hecate Hall, or Hex Hall, as the students call it. Sophie has suffered this exact fate when a love spell for a fellow student goes horribly wrong. Now Sophie is co-mingling with supernatural folks of all types – Werewolves, Shapeshifters, Witches and Warlocks, Faeries, and Vampires. The first day she meets the dashing Archer Cross, who saves her from a Werewolf charge. This sets up a dynamic between the two that will flourish throughout the book.

Sophie encounters ghosts, secret covens, and much more within the pages of this book. I was very amused. It’s soft supernatural humour, and I adored it. True, it focuses a lot on the romance, but Sophie is a great character and reminds one of a young Sookie Stackhouse; out of her element but dealing. This will be a series I will follow, read the newest addition overnight, and be annoyed waiting a year for the next one. I’m charmed, pun intended.

Easy 5 out of 5 stars. I loved it.

-Review courtesy of www.bibliopunkkreads.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hex Hall.