Amy's Reviews > Skinny

Nov 12, 2009

did not like it
bookshelves: 2009-reads
Read in November, 2009

I got this book for free on my Kindle, and all I can say is to stay away from it.

It's basically about a high school girl who develops an eating disorder because she is "way too busy in high school" and has boy problems. The stress leads to her (sort of) developing an eating disorder and fainting at dance practice.

Her dance instructor forces her to go to a doctor, and she is magically cured of her eating disorder by talking to God and having her parents watch what she ate. Yeah, lame.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skinny.

07/10/2016 marked as: read

ℑ.ℓ☺ Not really true...It is a very good book about a teenage girl and I am enjoying reading it.

message 2: by Simona-- (last edited Feb 11, 2010 02:26PM) (new)

Simona-- I'm kind of intense Hmm.
That IS kind of a lame way to be cured.
"Oh Em Gee, my parents are sorta watching what I eat and I pray to God every day, so now I'm cured of a mental illness!"
*face palm*

RELIGIOUS FREAKS:
Not bashing God here, kay? I'm just sayin', it's not like you pray and then BAM you get what you want. It doesn't really work that way.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 1 star

Amy Thanks Sisi, you took the words right out of my mouth!

Antonio Pena ya,its a good book,but u can tell what happens next like theres no hangovers :/

message 5: by Cora (new) - added it

Cora Zecena I honestly wish I had found this review before I got the book on my Kindle, the book is completely and utterly horrid!