~Tina~'s Reviews > Angel Star

Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia

Dec 10, 2015

bookshelves: read-2010, paranormal

Astonishing, Amazing, Awe-inspiring!

ANGEL STAR is one of those books that I've been dying to get my greedy little hands on. With high expectations, Jennifer did not disappoint! It was everything I look for in a good escape and so much more!

Forbidden Romance. A Destined Fate. An Unforgettable Journey that will inspire the Ultimate Truth.

Teagan McNeel is a shy, quiet seventeen year old girl who has a pure heart. It's only been her and her mother since she's never meet her dad. Not the most popular girl, being tormented daily from Little Miss pom-pom is irritating to say the least. But she has her best friend, Claire to help with the insanity of her life, but even she can't stop the feeling that something is building up, something that feels off, missing, and her nightmares aren't helping matters.
One day a new boy comes to Caver High and as soon as they meet an instant connections flares between them. Like somewhere in a dream, Teagan knows Garreth Adams, feel safe around him, like he's there to be with her and only her. But why...?
Soon she discovers that Garreth comes with an eight-point star marked into his palm; The mark of an Angel...

Jennifer Murgia, weaves a mesmerizing and irresistible story with a concept that is not only refreshing but utterly brilliant. She masterfully adds personal touches that we can relate too and sets vividness in the world she created.
This plot is thick and rich, filled with intrigue, mystery, suspense romance and grace. I loved how natural it felt to read about this particular take on Guardian Angels. How we as humans are protected, that heaven is alive in us, with us, and all around us. It's beautiful. The purpose of what this book is truly about is gripping, ingenious and mind boggling and as we get closer to the reasoning you can't help be at the edge of your seats seeking answers with sweet anticipation.

These characters are completely remarkable! Teagan (great name) is one of those great characters who grows with in the story, making someone who is shy and unsure be strong and brave once this is said and done. I love being proud of the characters I read, and Teagan is one of those characters.
Garrath is wonderful. He's kind and has an amazingly fierce passion of protectiveness that you can't help but cherish in a main character. But he's also so new, unsure and it makes my heart go out to him that much more. There romance may seemed rushed, and I'm one of those readers who don't like instant romance in books, but in this case it was different, necessary and worked like a charm. It was breathtaking. I'm a sucker for a good romance, waiting to be swooned with the words and wonders. Teagan and Garrath have a graceful chemistry, something that is precious and a boundless, an all consuming love that will make you ache in all the right places.
Hadrian (great name) is a wicked mess of deliciousness. I've always had a big thing for bad boys in books, and Hadrian is just a well-welcoming twisted treat. His role in this triangle brings on a whole new meaning to temptation. It's sinfully mischievous.
But at last, my heart belongs to Garrath...well at this point anyways;)

Angel Star is a wonderful must read gem for all fans who love complicated romance, a new and exciting approach to Angels and an experience that is like no other!
A glorious start to a series that I already absolutely adore!
It will leave you...wanting!

Congrats Jennifer on a FANTASTIC debut! Loved every moment, it was truly awesome hun!
9 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angel Star.

05/24/2010 "~happy dance~"

Jennifer Murgia Tina! When did you get it??!

~Tina~ FRIDAY!! Needed the weekend with the family since it's Victoria Day, so now I'm going to sit back and enjoy this book! I've waited to long LOL!
By the way, that prologue alone is WHOA! And sweet touch with the Barnes & Noble LOL
Loving this already, and I'm not even on the second chapter yet!

Jennifer Murgia Awww! <3 u!

~Tina~ XO ~goes back to ANGEL STAR~ w0000t!!

~Tina~ I CAN not for the life of me put this down! I'll be done it by tonight for sure!

message 6: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Love this book! Can't wait to hear what you think :)

Kirsten I'm dying for this....I think I'll go order it now that I know it's so hard to put down!

Jennifer Murgia Tina, what can I say??? You have blown me away with this amazing review! From the bottom of my heart I am deeply grateful that you picked up on all the messages Angel Star contains and you shared it with everyone! I know how long you waited to get your hands on this, and I am so happy it was worth your while:)!

~Tina~ Thanks Jen! Your book is made of awesomeness and I'm so glad to have finally read it. It'll always have a place on my books shelf, along with anything else you write:)

Jennifer Murgia Tina, I'm honored to hold a place on your shelf!

message 11: by Nic (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Great Review. Isn't it an amazing book! My heart belongs to Hadrian though :D

message 12: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Awesome review! You and Nic convinced me to read it. Sounds so good!

Jennifer Murgia Nic wrote: "Great Review. Isn't it an amazing book! My heart belongs to Hadrian though :D"

yay, I'm sharing Hadrian with someone!

~Tina~ Thanks ladies!
See, I love Hadrian (seriously great name!) But I think I need to get to know him better. Garreth totally owned this one, and I gotta give credit where credit is do;)

Arlene hun, I hope you love it as much as us!

message 15: by Arlene (new)

Arlene I just ordered Angel Star from Amazon and I added Glimmerglass and Iron King to my order. Oh girl I'm in such deep poo. My bookshelf is about to topple over, but I had to order 3 books for the free shipping. Makes sense, right? Now to plan the covert, intercept the mail delivery before anyone notices I ordered more books. LOL

~Tina~ Ohhh, you never read Iron King yet?? Wow, your in for a real treat, that book is my favorite out of the Fae world. I love Wondrous Strange as well, but Iron King was just...wow! Awesomely unique!
LOL I'm just as terrible with my book budget as you, probably more LOL but I refuse to feel guilty. This is my only means of escape, and dame it, I'm taking it!! o.O
Hope you enjoy!!

message 17: by Arlene (new)

Arlene LMAO Tina. I agree! We all need a little bit of suspended reality... so worth it. :)

Nope, haven't read Iron King. My plan... finish the GR giveaway read and review... read Maze Runner next... Redeeming Love rec from a GR bud... a classic... Angel Star... Iron King.... That should get me through the month of June. I could knock out sleep and add a few more, but might not be such a good plan. @.@ That's six book, which I'm sure I can do in a month.

~Tina~ OOoooo, I love your reading plans! THE MAZE RUNNER!! w00t!! James Dashner is my hero, seriously couldn't get enough of that book. My hubby thought I was crazy LOL
Never heard of Redeeming Love, I'll look for your review:)
I don't even try to count how many books I read in a month since some books are hard to shake off more then others.
Try to fit some sleep in there my friend, your going to need it:P

message 19: by Nic (last edited May 27, 2010 10:41PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nic Arlene, Iron King is a great choice, loved it too. Haven't read The Maze Runner yet, I don't know why I've missed that one.

~Tina~ You should check out The Maze Runner Nic! If you like The Hunger Games you (should) like TMR!! >.<

message 21: by Kim (new)

Kim I've seen this book pop up on my list every day for the past week, you girls are making me curious.

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Wonderful review Tina. You have inspired me to continue to read this book. I am 77 pages in and not feeling it at all. Everything seems so rushed between the storyline and the romance. I would prefer it slow down however it sounds like it works in the end. I am also a sucker for a bad boy so perhaps that is reason to read on...