Rebekah's Reviews > Inkheart

Inkheart by Cornelia Funke

Inkheart series book 1
Saw the Movie first.
Just a few thoughts

I am glad that Eleanor’s books were not destroyed when Capricorn’s men came for Moe, like they were in the movie

Books suggested within this book- Sherlock Holmes, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, Huck Finn, Where the sidewalk ends,

It always surprises me how many references to sex you will find in children’s books when you know what to look for.

Oh MY… the magpie is Capricorn’s mother.

I love that Moe and Meggy use Elvish as their secret language for writing notes. I have a sneaky suspicion that my children will someday be doing this with their father.

It makes me sad that they do not return Dustfinger to the book or that they are unable to cure Ressa. I do however love that Meggy becomes a writer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inkheart.

Quotes Rebekah Liked

Cornelia Funke
“You know, it's a funny thing about writers. Most people don't stop to think of books being written by people much like themselves. They think that writers are all dead long ago--they don't expect to meet them in the street or out shopping. They know their stories but not their names, and certainly not their faces. And most writers like it that way.”
Cornelia Funke, Inkheart

Cornelia Funke
“Books have to be heavy because the whole world's inside them.”
Cornelia Funke, Inkheart