LaDonna's Reviews > Soon I Will Be Invincible

Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman

Mar 29, 08

bookshelves: fiction, favorites
Read in March, 2008

The cover of this book is so fun, I was a bit nervous that the insides wouldn't match up to my high expectations. I needn't have worried.

This book is a fast and fun read, a story of superheroes and supervillains in the "real" world (in that New York is still itself and not Gotham City), full of laboratory accidents and cyborgs, colorful costumes and secret identities.

Each chapter alternates between the voice of Supervillain Doctor Impossible and a nervous new Superhero named Fatale, so you get a perspective from both sides of the endless fight of "good" against "evil". Except sometimes it seems to be more of a fight of high school jocks and cheerleaders with all their good looks and brawn ("good")against the stereotypical geeks and nerds with their mighty intellect("evil"). Except that in the end, everyone is revealed to really be a misfit at heart -- no one is really invincible forever.

I finished reading the book on a foggy Saturday afternoon, and closed it with the satisfied feeling you get after a delightful read. Now I just have to figure out how to get myself an awesome winged helmet like the one on the cover...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soon I Will Be Invincible.