Jennifer's Reviews > Life After 187

Life After 187 by Wade J. Halverson

1442048
Nov 11, 2009

Read in November, 2009

Let me begin by saying Life After 187 really surprised me! I had expected a fictional book about prison life, inmates, and prison fighting but Life After 187 offered so much more.

Kane Silver was brought up military, lost his mother at an early age, lost his wife to a senseless crime, and went to prison for the murder of the men who killed her. Life dealt him some hard knocks but each just made him stronger.

I was impressed with Kane’s leadership skills and how fast the bond was merged with his two inmates Si’Ling and Valentino and how they quickly looked to him to call the shots with total trust and respect.

At first I really was upset with the warden. I remember saying out loud, “Oh NO He Didn’t!” over something he had broadcast over the prison loud speaker and had a feeling that somewhere down the line he was gonna get what he had coming to him. It was a total twist of fate what came next!

Mr. Halverson has created an awesome story here with down to Earth believable characters that will take you on a thrill ride of an adventure! Don’t blink your eyes until the story ends!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Life After 187.