Ralph's Reviews > Oleander House

Nov 11, 09

bookshelves: mm-romance
Recommended to Ralph by: Moderatrix Lori
Read in November, 2009, read count: 1

Sam Raintree is a computer tech who has just gotten a job with Bay City Paranormal Investigations. He hasn't even had a chance to see his new apartment in Mobile before he has a job. When he arrives at Oleander House two things happen - he meets a man who he falls for almost instantly and he feels a weird presence in the house - almost as if it's stalking him, waiting to attack.

This book is the first novel in the BCPI series and I absolutely loved it. The characters felt realistic and I really liked them - well, most of them. Even the paranormal investigating was extremely realists - it had a lot of science and factual information instead of just a team of "psychics".

I think the thing I liked most about this is that it read as a paranormal mystery novel and not a cheesy four dollar romance novel. I like my romance novels to have at least an equal amount of actual plot to go along with the romance - not just hot steamy sex - and this novel didn't dissapoint.

I highly recommend this book to readers who enjoy paranormal books and don't mind a little bit of MM romance on the side. Bravo, Ally Blue!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Oleander House.