Darcy's Reviews > Seduce Me in Shadow

Seduce Me in Shadow by Shayla Black

Jan 24, 11

bookshelves: 2010, magic, pnr
Read on March 01, 2010

I liked this installment a lot better than the first one, mostly because I was more comfortable with the world the book is set in. The Doomsday Brethren are back feeling a little better that they had gotten the best of Mathais the last time around. However there are still problems, Lucan is still in his mate mourning, his mate is still missing, and they really don't know which side Shock is on.

Caden is still in the mess only because he fells a responsibility to his brother during his mate mourning. So reluctantly he helps the Brethren. His help comes by way of getting close to a tabloid reporter who is getting too close for comfort with her magical community stories. Caden needs to get close to her and find out where she is getting her info. But of course nothing can go right and this woman turns out to be his magical mate and he is not happy as he wants no part of the magical world. As the war heats up Caden has to fight on 2 fronts, against Mathais and against his feelings for Sydney, which is a loosing battle.

Sydney is drawn into the battle when she is found with a missing item the Brethren have been looking for. Once they are forced to tell her what is going on her fight with Caden grows as she thinks he is stupid for not wanting to help. Things happen to force Caden to really figure out what is important to him and he needs to decide just how far he is willing to go.

The war keeps heating up and is now more out in the open than ever. I am looking forward to the next book to see what happens.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Seduce Me in Shadow.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Angela I agree. I just got the most recent one, haven't read it yet. I really like Ice's book too

Darcy I feel like this is one of those good series that no one is reading, which is a shame.