Fiona's Reviews > Scarlett

Scarlett by Cathy Cassidy

Nov 11, 2009

bookshelves: sophmore-year
Read in October, 2009

Scarlett is about a girl named Scarlet whose been kicked out of many schools in just one semester. Her mom couldn't handle her so she sents Scarlett to her relatives and eventually back to her mother, because they couldn't handle her either. Once school started again, Scarlett yet again, got kicked out so her mother took drastic actions and sent her to her fathers. Her parents have been divorced and her father cheated on her mother so she hated him and she thought her mother did too, but obviously not. Once Scarlett arrived at her father's she felt like she didn't belong, because her father has another wife and a daughter and the wife (Claire) was pregnant. Scarlett felt like her world was falling down and she didn't like being in school so she cut, and met a guy who showed her how life could be better. She soon finds out that his mother had recently died, and together they encouraged each other to make the best of what they had. Scarlett soon realizes that Claire was actually on her side and wanted to help her. But once things were getting better, something happened. You want to know what happened? Read the book!
I liked this book a lot because it's very emotional and it was very detailed. I could actually imagine what's going on in my head. It was like a movie that was playing in my head. I would recommend this book to people who think that they have a tough because this book would change your perceptive and make you thankful of what you have.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scarlett.