Darcy's Reviews > Sworn to Silence

Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo

Nov 22, 2009

bookshelves: 2009, law-enforcement, mystery
Read in November, 2009

This book had great characters and storyline. I like Kate and as we learned more about her liked what she came from and the obstacles that she faced. I can't imagine being an Amish person going out into the "normal" world and how much you would have to adjust too. I also think her falling into the career she did was very ironic due to her past. I also think that she did the right thing in the past at the time, but her family handled the repercussions badly.

The crime story was great in that it had great twists and turns and kept you guessing right up until the end when it was obvious who the bad guy was. That came out of left field for me as I figured it out about 2 seconds before Kate.

I liked the story line with John as well. At first I didn't expect to like him as he just seemed like he all he wanted to do was destroy himself, but just couldn't do it fast, the slow burn was better for him.

The secondary towns people were interesting and brought a lot to the story, both the English and the Amish.

A great read!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sworn to Silence.