Eva Leger's Reviews > Hero's Tribute

Hero's Tribute by Graham Garrison

Dec 11, 2009

bookshelves: b-fiction, first-reads
Recommended for: the major of fiction readers
Read in December, 2009 , read count: once

I don't have time to go into a long survey like I wish I could but this isn't a book to miss. I wouldn have never, ever, ever picked this up on my own. I won Hero's Tribute through FristReads and was very skeptical when I received it and saw that it's classified as Christian fiction. 'Don't judge a book by its cover' has never been more true for me than with this book.
I was pulled in from the first page and it never let go. I wish it had been longer. That is my only *complaint*. Garrison is a fantastic writer and hopefully he's working on his next book now. He easily became one of my favorite authors with this book.
Hero's Tribute has everything. Garrison somehow managed to make things like football interesting to me and I would have never thought that possible. Football isn't the *big thing* in Hero's Tribute, please don't misunderstand me, but it does play a large role in the book. There is so much going on in here and I wasn't lost once.
Great, great book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hero's Tribute.

12/03/2009 page 1
0.42% "going to start next...."
12/06/2009 page 23
9.62% "just starting tonight.... wasn't aware this is Christian fiction and I wish I had known.... but still giving it a try..."
12/07/2009 page 23
9.62% "if all Christian-fic was like this I'd read much more of it - this is extremely well written..."
12/08/2009 page 107
44.77% "I'm not sure how but this author manages to make football interesting to me.... never thought that would come from me...."
12/09/2009 page 195
81.59% "absolutely loving this book!"
show 1 hidden update…

Krissy I just got the last book I one about a week ago - but it's about life after death and ghosts and stuff like that. I started it and so far it's okay but some of the stories seem like they may be made up - some are a little TOO unbelievable, you know?

message 2: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva Leger You should read the one I'm reading now - look at it and tell me if you want it. Would I like the one you have?

Krissy I don't know if you would like it - are you interested in stories like that? Like about ghost encounters and stuff like that? It's a little bit more about how to be more spiritual or something like that. It helps me b/c I'm so afraid of dying so I figured it would help. So far it's pretty good. I'll look at the one you are reading and see if I will like it. Right now I am reading three books at the same time, which I have never done before.

message 4: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva Leger No, if it was pure ghost stories I might try it but the spiritual part doesn't interest me at all....at least not yet.
The one I'm reading now is only the second book about ghosts I've ever read. I don't even think I own any more but if I do it's only one or two.
The first one was just one womans experience and this is a compilation. I like this one a lot more because it's a bunch of short stories.
But thanks for offering..

Krissy See, I think I would like a bunch of short stories more than just one story. Some of them that I have read in the past seem a little made up but some are pretty creepy and realistic. Either way they interest me and the one I'm reading now (or one of the ones I'm reading now) is one that I won and it's pretty good so far. I would believe almost all the stories, except for maybe one.

message 6: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva Leger I finished this last night and there are a LOT of stories altogether and I liked almost everyone. There were a few, less than five I think, that sucked, could be easily explained away, or just plain weren't even strange. But other than those few I liked it a lot.
I'll definitely read more now. Sabrina is a good person to ask about these books I think - I think she's read a lot.

message 7: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva Leger Um, I just found these comments and they seem to belong under that last ghost book I read and not this one. This is very confusing to say the least.....

Krissy Yeah actually I'm confused now, too! Don't know how that happened. Either way, I know which book you are talking about so it doesn't matter, I guess. Oh, you know what? You asked me about the last book I won and asked if you would like it. That's how we started talking about ghost stories and stuff like that.

message 9: by Eva (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eva Leger That's scary because the comments from both of us weren't even that long ago. You'd think I'd have been a little more clear but I guess I wasn't because you knew what I was talking about. Anyone else who stumbles upon this will think we're idiots....lol