Elizabeth Scott's Reviews > Tatiana and Alexander

Tatiana and Alexander by Paullina Simons

Nov 11, 09

After I read The Bronze Horseman, I checked out the author's website and was amazed to find out there was a sequel to the book. It was out in the US a while ago, but went out of print and is supposed to be reissued sometime later next year.

I couldn't wait that long, so I got a copy from The Book Depository (if you like books from the UK like I do, that place is a godsend!)

Anyway! I wasn't sure what to expect from the sequel--The Bronze Horseman is a great old-fashioned historical, long and full of drama and romance and more drama and the ending--well, I didn't think there was a way to get past the ending.

Simons found a way, and it works! I will admit, the book is not for you if you don't enjoy long and *very* dramatic historical novels (and fairly explicit love scenes as well), but if you enjoyed The Bronze Horseman (which you have to read before reading this book) you will love learning what happens to Tatiana after the end of The Bronze Horseman, and to Alexander.

I do want to note that the ending is incredibly dramatic, and goes beyond bordering on unbelievable, but I didn't and don't care-- I loved it because I was so very much invested and Tatiana and Alexander's story.

Also, in addition to showing what happens to Alexander and Tatiana, the book shows Alexander's early life via flashbacks, starting with his boyhood in the United States and what happens to him and his parents after they move to the Soviet Union--and I found those sections really moved me. In fact, it made me want to dig out a book I have about Ford auto workers who moved to the Soviet Union in the 1920s, but I'm digressing, so...

Long story short, if you read The Bronze Horseman and like it, this one is very much worth checking out as well.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tatiana and Alexander.