Sherah's Reviews > Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires

Ask and It Is Given by Esther Hicks

Nov 11, 2009

Read in November, 2009

The motivation behind this text is not for everyone. By that I mean that not everyone will believe that the collective "Abraham" is speaking through Esther who is then writing it down. That said, I think the message in the book is potentially empowering for all individuals from every faith, or even no faith.

What struck me throughout the book was its emphasis on reaching for a feeling of relief, always striving for a better emotion. I found this incredibly empowering.

The only part I found particularly difficult to digest was Process 21 which claims that all diseases can be cured through lowering one's resistance and allowing Well-Being to flow. Whether or not this is true is up to everyone to decide for themselves, but I found that it might potentially make a person feel worse to think that if they have been diagnosed with a disease (such as a terminal illness) it's potentially their fault and can be cured by themselves alone.

That aside, I still think it's a worthwhile book to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ask and It Is Given.