Shonali's Reviews > See Jane Date

Nov 11, 09

bookshelves: chick-lit, 2009-reads
Recommended for: all
read count: once

If a book can cheer you up and make you laugh and feel good at the end , it was totally worth the time you spent reading it . I loved the book from page 1. I was still laughing when I started this review :)

Jane is an assistant editor at Posh trying to make her way towards Associate Editor and in desperate need of a boyfriend because her YOUNGER cousin Dana is getting married and she doesn’t want to be pitied by her family and mocked at by Dana for attending the ceremony without a date.

To make the matters worse her school mate Natasha (whom she absolutely hates ) is back in her life and Jane has been entrusted the job of editing the memoir that Natasha is writing , a tell-all about her affair with a hot shot movie star. She cannot let Natasha know how pathetic her life is and that she is just an Assistant Editor . But she can do something ? Yes ,of course. She can find a guy , make him her boyfriend and take him to the wedding. Seems easy huh? To do that, she has to date guys and survive the dates. So she dates and she dates and dates big time!!!

From one guy to another , while juggling her work pressures (read Natasha’s memoir ‘not yet started dont know when she will finish the first chapter memior’ ) and being there at her cousin’s pre-wedding events (which seem to be never ending) Jane does it all.To tell u the truth, I didn’t like Jane in the beginning. Not the typical chick lit heroine u connect to instantly or even think about fondly. She was cold, non self assured , distant but as the book progressed and I saw her emerge from her hilarious date sequences and got to know her better I started liking her and pitying her too.

Melissa Senate brings out humour so well that I was really having a hard time keeping a straight face while reading it. A great take on the social life of a working woman and also today’s dating scene.

Give this book a try. It might surprise you. It surprised me:)

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read See Jane Date.