Sarah Augustinsky's Reviews > A Wind in the Door

A Wind in the Door by Madeleine L'Engle

Nov 10, 09

bookshelves: fantasy-fairytale
Read in November, 2009

I was slightly disspointed upon reading A Wind in the Door. I adore and loved A Wrinkle in Time when I read it, and I was expecting something as wonderful and beautiful as that.
Although this book is good, and is thoughtful, it lacked more of the relationships that I loved in the first book in the Time Series. I love Calvin and Meg together, and though there were some cute thoughts and things, not very many. There was also hardly any Charles Wallace, which left me a sense of a missing piece after I finished the book.
Another thing that I found annoying was how long the paragraphs were, and how sometimes I just felt like skimming the whole page for anything that seemed interesting, because the rest of it was just reiteration of things previously stated. It felt sometimes like I was hearing over and over again what I'd already heard, and not in a way that was working.
But all in all, it was still good, and worth the read, because you must read this one to read the next one, so its still good, if that makes any sense at all:)
5 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Wind in the Door.

Elsa I agree!

Maria I agree too. I've learned to expect less from the second book of any series, because most of the time it's not as good as the first. but by the third book the author has gotten it together again. :)

Karen I agree too

message 4: by Rhoda (new)

Rhoda This was my first L'engle book & i loved it. There were very powerful scenes & I just gobbled up this book! Can't wait for my children to be old enough to read it.