Jenny's Reviews > Stargirl

F 50x66
Oct 15, 07

Recommended for: friends
Read in September, 2007

This book is about a weird girl called Stargirl. She is weird because she does a lot of things that people don't normally do. Even her name is weird.

Let me tell you about a few of the weird things she does. Firstly she takes photos of people without them knowing. She stalks them and secretly takes their photos. Then she makes a photo album and gives it to them when they get older.

The other weird thing she does is to wear clothes that do not fit her. She usually wears long skirts. Also, she always cheers for the opposing team at her school's football matches.

Stargirl always carries a ukelele with her. Whenever it's someone's birthday she plays it and sings for them a birthday song.

Stargirl also likes to dance and sing, even when there are people around. She doesn't care what people think and always speaks her mind. She does not follow what people say and tells them her opinion directly.

In the book, Stargirl has a boyfriend called Leo. Nobody wants to play with Leo because he is her boyfriend. This is why Leo begs Stargirl to be normal.

So Stargirl trys to be normal. But only for awhile. She wears normal clothes and stops playing her ukelele. However, this does not last long.

In the end, Leo and Stargirl break up because she refuses to be normal. Finally, Stargirl goes to a party and impresses everyone with her dancing. Everyone starts to like her again. However, after the party she disappears.

Many years later, Leo recieves a present from Stargirl. It is a porcupine necktie. It could only mean, after all these years, Stargirl still remembers Leo.

This story teaches us to be ourselves and not follow others.
It teaches us to have our own opinions.

I will recommend this book to teenagers.
11 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stargirl.

Jennie dont spoil the ending :)

message 2: by Brooke (new)

Brooke way to spoil the ending :)))))))