Wendy's Reviews > Mr. Darcy, Vampyre

Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange

Mar 28, 12

Recommended for: no one, or people who like books where nothing happens
Read in November, 2009

wow...nothing at all really happens in this book. Oh, pg. 235, they finally start to talk about all the 'off' things that happened before. But still, nothing much happens.

Ok, wait, yeah, there is this really exciting part where Elizabeth is about to be kidnapped by this evil Ancient One...Oh wait, that was only about 3 pages long. Hold on (flipping pages towards the end...)Oh yeah, then there's this part where Darcy is about to FINALLY do what he was meant to do then....he stops.

Then they figure out a way for him to no longer be a Vampyre. Ok then... so they go find an ancient Roman temple and within 15 min of finding that, Darcy is back to being human. Then they leave on a boat to go back to Pemberley.

So basically, the premise of this book looked great...in reality, you just kept waiting for something to happen. All it is is 225+ pages of Elizabeth wondering why Darcy doesn't love her anymore, wrongly assuming that it's because she didn't bring enough fortune to the marriage.

Oh yeah....and all the "Remember when we were in Meryton, and I said that really clever thing to you, and you thought I was witty/prideful/beautiful/good-hearted? Remember that? That was great!" just got to be really annoying.

Oh yeah....and sprinkling in words like 'begrimed' and 'whilst' and 'besmirched' doesn't give your book a Austenian feel to it. It's annoying, so stop it.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mr. Darcy, Vampyre.

message 1: by Erin (new)

Erin I'm actually surprised you gave it two stars. You disliked it so much, I would have guessed one or zero stars. :) (Hilarious review, by the way, and helpful, since I now have no desire to waste my time reading it.)

Lauren Moses This review was hilarious and so accurate! I also gave it two stars...which is veeeeery low for me. Haha. :)