Tracy Burley's Reviews > Sins of the Night

Sins of the Night by Sherrilyn Kenyon

Nov 09, 09

Read in November, 2009

** spoiler alert ** The 8th in the series of the Dark Hunters we learn that Acheron what appears to be a squire but not really. He goes by the name Alexion but his real name is IAS. He was one of the very first dark hunters to be created BUT I can't go any further or I'll ruin the story for you :)

But this so called Alexion discovers that there is a Dark Hunter that is attempting to build up a group of Dark Hunters to revolt against Acheron. The leader is none other than Kyro's. Which just happens to be a very very very old friend of this so called Alexion. Alexion request that he be sent down to try and save the Dark Hunter(s) and Kryro from their pure stupidity. While on his conquest he meets Danger a dark hunter herself. He persuades her in so many ways to help him on his conquest. She at first does not want to help him but with a little persuasion decides to help.

Throughout this story we learn a little bit more about Acheron and his past. We are introduced to a couple of new Dark Hunters, we get a better understand of Styrker and why he is so pissed and a better understanding of Artemis and that maybe there is more than one Simi.

As much as I am a HUGE fan of the Dark Hunter series and seriously I love Sherrilyn Kenyon's work I just felt something missing from this story. The ending was just very hard for me to believe and you don't really understand how it happens but it just does. You also have to wait until more than halfway through the book for some smex. And when it happens its kindof like What just happened? Because frankly it should have happened sooner :)

I would reccommend this book to fellow fans of the series because it really prepares you from Acheron's story. its really not a stand alone book because you have to know the history of Acheron in a sense when talking about other Dark Hunters and how they were released. At least to me anyways. I hate not understand side stories. It gets to distracting!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sins of the Night.