Holly's Reviews > Kindred in Death

Kindred in Death by J.D. Robb

Nov 09, 09

bookshelves: read-in-2009, novemeber-2009
Read in November, 2009

This book started out slow for me. I can't say for sure if it was the book or just a personal issue with me, but it did pick up after the first quarter or so.

I think one of the problems I'm having with the series lately is that Eve is mellowing out. She's still kick-ass, but she's losing her hard edge. That's ok, because I definitely want to see her grow and change. But it kind of takes something away from the stories, too.

The case was interesting and I enjoyed watching Eve puzzle through it. One of the best things about these novels is watching her walk through the murders in her mind.

Overall this was better than one or two of her more recent entries, but it wasn't as good as many of the early ones.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kindred in Death.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Holly Eyre wrote: "I broke my "no buying new books this month" resolution for this one. I haven't started it yet, but I do agree that Eve has seemed to mellow in the last few books."

I can't help but be bothered by her mellowing, either. Of course I'd probably complain if there wasn't some growth though, so I'm probably just hard to please.