Kate's Reviews > Horns

Horns by Joe Hill

Apr 16, 10

bookshelves: signed-copies, age-adult, 2010, horror
Read from April 06 to 16, 2010

I was so mad when I found out that Joe Hill was visiting my local bookstore during the week when I was on vacation in Jamaica. So I naturally begged my parents to use my gift certificate and go and buy the book and get it signed for me. I liked this equally or a little more than Heart-Shaped Box.

Ig Perrish has just woke up after a night of drinking he barely remembers. He's got a killer headache, but this is mostly due to the fact that a pair of horns are growing out of his forehead.

The horns have a strange power: people don't really notice that he has them, but they tell Ig all of their worst desires, and if Ig touches them, he sees every terrible thing they've done. Most people wouldn't be surprised that Ig seems to be turning into a devil, as most people believe Ig had something to do with the murder of his girlfriend Merrin a year ago.

I liked the psychological aspects of this novel. It wasn't as "scary" as Heart-Shaped Box but it was definitely interesting to go through the flashbacks to find out what really happened a year ago, and I also liked the religious implications of what Ig is going through.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Horns.