Alicia's Reviews > Dewey: There's a Cat in the Library!

Dewey by Vicki Myron

Nov 11, 09

Dewey: There's a Cat in the Library is a gorgeous picture book based on the true story of Dewey Readmore Books. Dewey is a orange colored kitten who was left in a public library's book drop one night. When Vicki, the librarian, returns to the library in the morning to find a cold and dirty Dewey in the book drop, she cleans him up and decides to keep him at the library, as the library's cat. The story follows Dewey as he explores the library, gets to know the library's patrons, and learns to be the best library cat that he can be. The story's illustrator, Steve James, paints beautiful and soft, realistic illustrations of Dewey and the children at the library.

I was so excited to see this story in picture book form. I had checked out the original "adult" story, also written by Vicki Myron, but didn't have the time to read it before it had to be returned. I enjoyed this adaptation of Dewey's story. This would be a wonderful library storytime book for preschool and school-aged children. Especially in a library setting children will identify with a story set in a library.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dewey.