MissSusie's Reviews > The Help

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Nov 20, 09

bookshelves: audio, reviewed, historical-fiction, favorites, southern-fiction
Read in November, 2009

This was a great book. The characters were all wonderfully written my favorites were of course Skeeter, Aibileen, & Minny. Skeeter was so ahead of her time or should I say her city and had the strength to do something about it. I loved the humor of the toilet bowls that scene cracked me up and was so well written that I was able to picture it clearly in my head. Also some of the things the help said were so descriptive it made you feel you were in 1962 in Jackson. This book was very memorable and will stay with me awhile. The only downside was I didn’t want it to end; I wanted to know how everyone turned out. I would highly recommend this book for anyone who enjoys southern fiction and not so long ago historical fiction.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Help.

Quotes MissSusie Liked

Kathryn Stockett
“Wasn't that the point of the book? For women to realize, We are just two people. Not that much separates us. Not nearly as much as I'd thought.”

Kathryn Stockett
“I always order the banned books from a black market dealer in California, figuring if the State of Mississippi banned them, they must be good.”

Kathryn Stockett
“Miss Leefolt sigh, hang up the phone like she just don't know how her brain gone operate without Miss Hilly coming over to push the Think buttons.”

Kathryn Stockett
“Ever morning, until you dead in the ground, you gone have to make this decision. You gone have to ask yourself, "Am I gone believe what them fools say about me today?”