Daisiemae's Reviews > Love Means... Courage

Love Means... Courage by Andrew  Grey

Andrew Grey is one of my favorite authors. His book are a must buy for me because they make me feel all kinds of emotions when I read them. There is something about the way he connects us with his characters and brings us into their lives that really resonate with me.

Love Means Courage is a difficult book to review. I don't want to give much away about it so I've decided to just relate my feelings about this wonderful book without getting too much into the storyline.

Love Means Courage is actually the prequel to Love Means No Shame. I read Love Means No Shame first, because it's actually the first book in this series. Knowing what happens to Len and Cliff years down the line left me feeling bittersweet and melancholy throughout this book. I'm not saying it took away my enjoyment of reading their love story, but it definitely made an impact on my feelings toward Len and Cliff, and how much I enjoyed their story.

I can't recommend both Love Means No Shame and Love Means Courage enough. I do think they needed to be read in the order Mr. Grey intended, so don't cheat and try to read this one first!

There were several times throughout the book I found myself tearing up and cheering Cliff and Len on. I loved them. The connection they have with one another and the determination they have to be together and build a stable and happy family with each other and young Geoff was wonderful; despite the obstacles in their path and the things they had to overcome made me love them that much more.

I loved this book in general and I look forward to reading many more stories written by Mr. Grey in the future.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Means... Courage.

11/09/2009 page 1
0.42% 1 comment
11/12/2009 page 237
100.0% "Oh my Gosh! Loved it! Cried like a baby through some of it too. Very sweet and bittersweet, too
Review coming soon"
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Drew Terrific review, Shell! This looks like a series I will enjoy. Thanks!

message 2: by Shayne (new)

Shayne Fabulous review, Shell Bell

Maggie I love a series romance so I think I'll like this one. Very cool review, Shell!!!

message 4: by Brenda (b) (new)

Brenda (b) Great review Shellie. I'm looking forward to reading these too. And I'll be sure to read them in the correct order. :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Wonderful review, Shell

Lily Great review, Shellie! :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review! I've just bought both books and hope to get to them soon.

Rossy Fabulous review, Shell!

message 9: by Tammy (new)

Tammy The best ones are always the hardest to review! You did a great job, Shellie. :)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

So I am going to cry? hmmm. Ivan likes to be happy and perky not sad and weepy. Will have to think upon this one.

Wait, did I just see Eyre say she bought the books. Weren't you on a self-imposed no book buying thingy?

Natsroshan Amazing as always Daisie.

message 12: by Nick (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nick Great review, Shell

message 13: by Jack (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jack Informatively Epic Review, Shell! We'll have to read these next if I can talk Shay into it.

Rachel Great review, Shell! I just read Love Means No Shame and I loved it. I know your right about this one being bittersweet. I'll be reading it soon.

message 15: by JoJo (new) - rated it 5 stars

JoJo Great review

message 16: by Rane (new)

Rane Great Review Daisiemae!

Daisiemae Thanks y'all:) I love this series. I don't know if he's going to continue it in any way, but I would really love to see what happens to this wonderful family after Love Means No Shame.

message 18: by Andrew (last edited Dec 10, 2009 03:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Andrew Grey Thank you all so much. I can't tell you how happy I am that you love the books. And Yes!!! there is another. I just submitted Love Means... No Boundaries and it's been contracted, so it should be out early next year.