Justyn Rampa's Reviews > The Sea of Monsters

Nov 08, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: fantasy, childrens
Read in November, 2009

There were parts of this book I didn't love which accounts for the 4 star review. However, those parts were likely intended for a younger audience say around the ages of nine or ten. That isn't to disparage the book any as I continue to love it, but just not as much as book one. Rick Riordan continues to be too clever for his own good and for as comical and wacky as this book gets, ish gets real too! The reader is definitely marching right along with Percy as he gets closer to fulfilling a prophecy that will not end well. Speaking of endings, this book's ending leaves me no choice but to rush to Half-Price Books tonight to get my hands on the next in the series and hopefully I will find all the books there in a pretty row waiting just for me...for that is my destiny!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sea of Monsters.

11/08/2009 page 38
13.62% "First three chapters were a delight! Trying to spread out the series a bit so that I can savor each book as there is only five."
11/08/2009 page 107
38.35% "I believe the cast of characters is increasing and I'm not quite sure how I feel about that. Tumultuous times and I am ill at ease."