*•.♥.•*Sabrina Rutter*•.♥.•*'s Reviews > Flight of the Dragonfly

Flight of the Dragonfly by Melissa Hawach

Nov 14, 09

bookshelves: parental-kidnapping, i-own
Read in November, 2009

I could not put this book down until I knew the outcome! The heartache this woman must have felt brings tears to my eyes.
Melissa never thought her Lebanese-Australian husband whom she had been seperated with for ten months would kidnap their daughters and flee to Lebanon. He had not been to Lebanon since he was two years old having grown up in Australia. He had even told her once that he would never marry a Lebanese woman. Even when people warned her of possible parental abduction she paid it no mind thinking her husband would never have the desire to go to Lebanon.
Melissa allowed her husband to take their daughters on a three week vacation from Canada to visit their fathers family in Australia. It came as a complete shock when Melissa was contacted a few days before the girls were due home and told that her children would not be coming back. Even more shocking was the fact that their father took them to a country in the middle of a war.
This is an amazing story of courage and a great testament to the love a mother has for her children.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flight of the Dragonfly.

11/11/2009 page 1
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Pure
wow would like very much to read this book..sounds like my kind of book.

*•.♥.•*Sabrina Rutter*•.♥.•* It's really good. I love reading books like this, but it makes me very sad when they don't have a happy ending.

message 3: by Kelly Maybedog (new)

Kelly Maybedog Thanks for letting me know it doesn't have a happy ending. I couldn't take that.

*•.♥.•*Sabrina Rutter*•.♥.•* Oh this one does I was refering to other books I have read that don't. It really is hard to finish a book knowing that the parent wasn't reunited with the child they love and faught so hard to be with. I still do searches on the internet to see if the parents were reunited on the books that didn't have happy endings.

message 5: by Kelly Maybedog (new)

Kelly Maybedog Oh, okay, good to know. My roommate in grad school was from Lebanon. Her family was really nice. I didn't know that there were problems with parental abduction or mother's rights or anything.