Alicia's Reviews > Shutter Island

Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane

Nov 16, 10

bookshelves: books-i-own, favorites, top
Recommended to Alicia by: the moviescreen
Recommended for: anyone really, but probably best if you haven't seen the film :)
Read from November 06 to 15, 2010 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Ok, so I already saw the film before I read the book, so reading the book eventually turned out in being more of a refreshing of the memory than anything else. I enjoyed it definitely, it is a brilliant story and the way it is told is very well done. I think though that the film must have been made perfectly because everything seemed pretty much the same, so kudos to you Mr. Martin Scorsese. I loved the film, I gave it a 9 out of 10 on imdb. The reason I bought the book, was cause of the film. I loved the book. I understand why it got turned into a film.
There really is not much to say though even though it was all so brilliant, except I think that it is a greatly gripping story and the plot twist is just amazing. When I left the cinema my jaw had dropped open, when I finished the book I already knew the ending but still my jaw dropped open again.
I would recommend to read the book first though, as the pleasure of reading is very much in the what's going to happen next? And I did miss that a little bit here... Only because the film was so good though, that it stayed so truthfully to the book, that I did actually know almost everything that was going to happen. I say almost cause I'm sure there are probably things that weren't in the film that I have forgotten.
Anyway good good, I think I will read me some more of Dennis Lehane in the future, I haven't seen Mystic River yet, so I may read that and then watch it...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shutter Island.