Alana's Reviews > Dreaming Of Amelia

Dreaming Of Amelia by Jaclyn Moriarty

1993666
Nov 06, 09

Read in November, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Now I'm a huge fan of Jaclyn Moriarty. I love her flawed and sometimes hilarious characters and the format she uses such as letters, diaries etc, but Dreaming of Amelia I wasn't as happy with! I was more than pleased to hear more from Em and Lydia, but to have Seb and Lydia split up, and Charlie split up from Em living in Singapore?

It wasn't just that though, I don't think this book in the series flowed as coherently as the others. It was told through their HSC exams, blogs and minutes from meetings of the Trust Fund committee, and it felt a bit all over the place.

I still liked the book but it felt a bit overly long, and I got a bit over it in the middle, and wished they would hurry things up a bit.

Also, Em definitely crosses the line into annoying territory in this one. I found her so funny in Finding Cassie Crazy but in this one I think JM went a little bit over the top with her. Maybe it's because she didn't have Charlie to balance her out.

For whatever the reason, I couldn't enjoy this book as much as the others, but I'll still give it three stars because it was quite well researched (Irish convict, black holes etc), and frankly, it was good to read about Em, Lydia and Cassie again despite everything.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dreaming Of Amelia.