Katieb (MundieMoms)'s Reviews > The Dark Divine

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain

Oct 02, 10

bookshelves: 2009-100-book-challenge, arcs-i-own, books-i-own, signed, mundie-moms-review
Read in November, 2009

I received the ARC for The Dark Divine this week when our box of goodies came from Bree for being on her street team. I have to say, that I read the book in a day and I couldn't put it down. I was hooked when I read the first 17 pages here http://www.breedespain.com/TDDsneakpe....

**This is SPOILER FREE**
Grace Divine is part of a tight knit family, who help everyone they can, are do gooders in their community and hold no secrets, or so Grace thought. When a child hood friend, and someone who was once consider part of the family returns nothing will be the same.

When Daniel returns, things start getting weird around Grace's town, and a dark Divine secret won't be kept secret for long. Grace and her close brother Jude's relationship becomes strained, her parents are hiding something from her and citizens in her town turn up dead. What evil is really lurking in her town? All things point to Daniel. Grace can't fight the pull and attraction she's always had for Daniel and since he's returned it's that much more intense. Even worse, her family has forbidden her to ever see him again after he left a couples years ago. There's something about him that Grace can't fight.

Daniel is one tense character that you'll be so drawn to, you can't help but sucked into this story, as you want to know more about him and what he's hiding. Buckle up and enjoy the ride Bree takes you on as Grace is on a mission to make things right with her family, her town and with Daniel, but everything comes at a cost. Who's life will Grace's mission be to save? Not everyone is who you except them to be.

This book is full of twists and turns and kept me glued to the book until I put it down. Nothing is what you except and the end will leave you wanting more. This hasn't been released yet and I'm already dying for the sequel.
5 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dark Divine.