Christina's Reviews > Tell Me Where It Hurts: A Day of Humor, Healing and Hope in My Life as an Animal Surgeon

Tell Me Where It Hurts by Nick Trout

Nov 05, 09

bookshelves: animals, adultbooks, realistic
Read in November, 2009

What a wonderful book! I grew up reading and re-reading James Herriott's veterinary stories, so I looked forward to trying out this modern-day vet's tale of emergency animal surgeries. I was not disappointed. He had me laughing and crying with every chapter. It was a fascinating read. I appreciated how, in between the anecdotes, he sprinkled up-to-date facts about the nature of veterinary practice today both in the UK (since he's originally British) and the US. I found that very enlightening. And some of the characters, both animal and human, had me chuckling out loud (loved the story about the macho Boxer owner whose male dog has a bit of a gender identity problem!). I recommend this to anyone who loves animals and medical tales; it is very inspiring, too, because Dr. Trout's love of animals and his deep need to save lives and care for our pets really shines through.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Tell Me Where It Hurts.