Dee Toomey's Reviews > The Lost Boy: A Foster Child's Search for the Love of a Family

The Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer

Nov 05, 09

Read in November, 2009

To say that David Pelzer came from "a dysfunctinal home" would be like saying the Jews were "treated badly" during the holacaust! How he literally survived is a puzzle, but how he survived to go one to live a "normal" life is a miracle. We all have baggage, but this man carries a whole set of luggage!

This story picks up where "A Child Called It" left off. At 12 years old, he finally escapes the hell he lived in as a child. Yet, as an adolescent, foster-home juggling can bring trials and troubles all their own. It would have been wonderful for Dave to have been placed with one family until he became 18, but that wasn't a break that was afforded him. Still this young man perserveres.

I am going to read his next book, "A Man Named Dave". Not to see how his story ends as we can't know that until it actually "end", but to "check up on" him...to see if he is doing okay so far. You grow to love the boy and care for his well-being...and you pray for his continued healing from his past of unthinkable existence.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Lost Boy.