Kim's Reviews > Crescendo

Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick

Nov 05, 10

bookshelves: young-adult, read-in-2010
Read from November 03 to 05, 2010

Spoilers are coming up, but mostly about the 'relationship' between Nora and Patch.

Also: pretend I'm reading this out loud to you, while I'm barely able to remember what they taught me in my anger management classes, and with a voice that's a few notches above normal volume. There's also some foaming at the mouth and a very, very strained and scary smile on my face.

*clears throat* Here goes...

Dear Nora,

How shall I put this... You are a stupid, stupid girl. The guy who loves you spends his time, trying to get through to your thick skull and show you what you mean to him. You, my dear, are an idiot. You are incapable of making rational decisions. Not even normal ones are an option with you. The amazing leaps between your conclusions are way beyond my understanding, like in a galaxy, far, far away, even. When a guy tells you he'd sacrifice himself for you, you don't go around complaining about how he 'ran' when you told him you love him. He 'ran' because you were IN DANGER. I'M SORRY THE MOMENT WAS RUINED BY THE PERSON WHO TRIED TO KILL YOU, NORA.

Then you spend all your time telling Patch to go do something anatomically impossible, while you, Nora, spend the rest of your time trying to be a bad girl (puh-lease) while wishing he was with you, every time you have an itch you can't patch. But naturally, when the he puts some effort into it, and invades your dreams, just to tell you you really need to listen, because YOU ARE IN DANGER, then you basically put your hands over your ears and start yelling "I can't heaaaaaar yooouuuuu" right in his face. You even think he's trying to kill you (again, jumping to conclusions, and where the hell did that one come from anyway?). "I've fallen in love with a killer". Oh please. All he has to do is stick his tongue in your ear and you're slobbering all over him like a needy puppy.

And then there's Vee, the best friend you really don't deserve. She made things interesting and was there to make me laugh every once in a while. How she can put up with you is a mystery to me. She made it to the top 5 of my 'awesome people' list. She deserves to be declared a saint.

One more thing: You. Don't. Deserve. Patch. AT ALL.

HAVE A NICE LIFE. SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Kim.

Last but definitely not least: I can't believe it, the size of the balls on this cliffhanger are huge.
154 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crescendo.

11/04/2010
12.0% "Oh Bora (yes, I know her name is Nora, but it's short for Boring Nora) I iz dissapoint..." 27 comments
11/04/2010
show 1 hidden update…

message 1: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim DUN DUN DUUUUUN...

message 2: by Nic (new)

Nic This should be good :)

message 3: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim It's already really, really bad.

Catherine When did this book come out?

message 5: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Oct 19, if the description is correct.

Jessica Hey, 3.5 stars is not too bad!
It's not easy but I think I'll wait until I've read Crescendo before reading your review...

message 7: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan F I lost count of how many times you told Patch to GET OUT. WHY DON'T YOU GET OUT? AND BUY A DECENT BRAIN. *insert rude gestures here* GOD.

I actually did that part in a Napoleon Dynamite voice. I hope you don't mind.

message 8: by Arlene (new)

Arlene LMAO Kim! Another classic review. I didn't have any intention to read this book and your review makes me feel like I didn't miss out on much. I'm sure your review is way more entertaining than anything I can pull from this series.

*whispers to Kim* did you really have to go to anger managment classes? ^^ forget it... don't answer that.

message 9: by Kim (last edited Nov 05, 2010 01:51PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim LOL Morgan, whatever works for you is fine by me XD

Arlene, just have to, now, so to answer your questions truthfully: no, I haven't taken any AM classes ^^ I probably should, but I haven't. I'm not a raving lunatic, but people step back when I get mad. I also have no control over my voice, it just gets louder, even when I'm not really pissed off yet.

But... please don't be scared XD

message 10: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Of course not! Why would I be scared????

*hides behind Tina*

message 11: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan F *hides behind Arlene*

message 12: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim ROFL, I can't wait to hear Tina's comment XD

message 13: by Arlene (new)

Arlene I'm speaking for Nic....

*hides behind Morgan*

Jessica *hides behind Nic*

message 15: by Nic (new)

Nic ROFL.

*peeks around Morgan* Yikes! You certainly told Bora.

message 16: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim I love how you are all standing there in a row, peeking out from behind each other ^^

message 17: by Andrea (new)

Andrea Ooh, loved this. You summed up the book PERFECTLY.

message 18: by Arlene (new)

Arlene Hi andrea! Grab a spot behind Jessica. Why you ask? Oh just trust me on this. :)

message 19: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Thanks Andrea =D That's pretty much what Nora did through out the entire book. That and play the victim of a bad horror flick, just like Jen said in her review.

Jessica ROFL Arlene XD

message 21: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Stupid Nora. There was actually a time when I felt hot magma churning in my stomach. I don't know if it was acid reflux or afl fiery cauldron of hellish hatred, but MAN she pissed me off.

message 22: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Steam came out of my ears Jen, that's how bad it was.

Btw, I love your pic.

message 23: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen Dude. I know. I almost kicked a baby. Wait, that's Morgan's line.

And thank you :)

message 24: by Andrea (new)

Andrea LOL I trust you Arlene :]

I think every time Nora showed her face (which was every page, obvs), there was some major talking-back-age from me. Jeez. Did the author WANT us to hate Nora or was it an accident?

message 25: by Morgan (new) - added it

Morgan F For her sake, I hope it was on purpose. How stupid do you have to be to make your characters "accidentally" insufferable?

message 26: by Jen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jen I think it was on purpose. The other characters called her out on it.

message 27: by Joyzi (new) - rated it 1 star

Joyzi Love your letter Kim!

~Tina~ I love when you write letter to the characters. So awesome! The Seth one broke my heart.

message 29: by Joyzi (new) - rated it 1 star

Joyzi Who's Seth?

Catherine Thanks Kim

message 31: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Hide your babies!

Morgan, I was wondering about that too, cause let's face it, it ruins the book. But I agree with you Jen, Becca wants us to tear our hair out and rid the world of infants.

Thanks Joyzi ^^ Seth is Seth Morgenstern, who is my number one crush of all time. You can find the first book in the series here

You are welcome Catherine ^^

Jessica Love the rant, doll. :)

message 33: by Elle (new) - rated it 3 stars

Elle amen.

message 34: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Elle wrote: "amen."

Hehe

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko I am pretty sure that is the funniest review I have ever read. I love how you just say what you mean. I love Patch and Nora however I was so frustrated with this book I threw it across the room like 10 times. LOL

Jessi I totally agree wit u, but think u went a little over board on the whole these people are real trip. And about Vee, she is cool, but really (stupidly) blind

message 37: by Zoe (new)

Zoe almano Hey guys I'm still reading the book (falling asleep here) does she get back with patch? And y do l get the feeling rixon is using vee like jules did?

message 38: by Zoe (new)

message 39: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Jessi wrote: "I totally agree wit u, but think u went a little over board on the whole these people are real trip. And about Vee, she is cool, but really (stupidly) blind"

Of course I went overboard with it, that was the whole point :)

message 40: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Zoe wrote: "Hey guys I'm still reading the book (falling asleep here) does she get back with patch? And y do l get the feeling rixon is using vee like jules did?"

Zoe, it's been a while since I read this but (view spoiler)

message 41: by Zoe (new)

Zoe almano l finished the book like 5 mins ago

message 42: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kim Hehe okay :)

message 43: by Zoe (new)

Zoe almano Gonna go get silence in a 30 mins.

message 44: by Amelia (new)

Amelia hahahahaha

message 45: by Zoe (new)

Zoe almano l reed then all (bbm rolling eye face)

Mélodie arggggg Nora -_- yeah just finished the first one and i agree with you she is so fucking stupid !!! always doubting patch ( who loves her by the way and would die for her) -_- she gets on my nerve. anyway great review, really funny :)

message 47: by Lexiloowho (new) - added it

Lexiloowho This is literally me. I hate Nora so much rn like bitch just get with patch and deal with your problems together

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

i loved every minute of it.everything fit together and patch was an incredibly sexy bad boy. this series is addictive and i would read it again:)

message 49: by Alice (new) - rated it 1 star

Alice This is such a good review. I couldn't stand Nora in this book...

message 50: by Kim (new) - rated it 2 stars