Darcia Helle's Reviews > Heat Wave

Nov 05, 2009

liked it
bookshelves: fiction, suspense-thriller-mystery
Read in November, 2009

I enjoy the TV show Castle, which is why I bought this book. However, for me, this book falls short of the show. (Rare, since I prefer reading to TV.)

The dialogue is much like the TV show. The characters banter and there is a lot of lighthearted fun in the way they speak to one another. However, the story lacked detail. The plot was a spin on various episodes of the show. At times it was more like reading a summary of events.

The characters also lacked detail. If I had never watched the show, I doubt I would have had a clear grasp of the characters. Heat came off a little too needy (in a drippy, drooly, school girl crush kind of way) and Rook (Castle in the show) came off a little too childish.

The book is short (196 pages) and doesn't require a big committment. It's easy to read, light, and a good distraction from life. Overall, good but far from great.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heat Wave.

message 1: by Dolly (new)

Dolly I'm such a big fan of the show, but I'm still going to read the book.. I'm so curious I can't stop myself... :0)

Darcia Helle Dolly, I'm a fan of the show as well. The book is definitely worth reading, though, as I said, it wasn't what I'd expected.

message 3: by Dolly (new)

Dolly Thanks for the heads up!!! I will definitely pick it up..

בן ויליגורה My English is not really good( I'm not from USA ) so is it normal English or is it high language

Darcia Helle It's been a long time since I read this one. I recall the English as basic, without many harder words. There might have been some slang that people outside the U.S. could have trouble understanding, though I honestly don't remember for sure.