Kate's Reviews > Pretty Dead

Pretty Dead by Francesca Lia Block

Nov 05, 09

bookshelves: death, 1age-junior-high, 3genre-romance, 1age-senior-high, supernatural
Read in November, 2009

Charlotte is still reeling from the unexpected death of her best friend Emily. It is not easy for Charlotte to deal with loss, especially since Emily has been her only friend in 100 years. Charlotte is a vampire who is sick of being immortal. She wants to feel again, and when Emily's grieving boyfriend Jared confesses his love for Charlotte she isn't sure what to do, but she is inexplicably drawn to Jared. But as their relationship grows deeper, Charlotte begins to realize she is changing, broken nails, pimples, split ends, all things that do not afflict vampires. Could it be that Jared's love is turning her mortal again?

I was really excited to see a new Fancesca Lia Block book, but I was a little disappointed. If you have read Block before you know that it can be hit or miss and for me this was a miss. But I think it can still appeal to some supernatural fiction fans. It is refreshing to read from the vampire's perspective.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pretty Dead.