Jo's Reviews > Fallen

Fallen by Lauren Kate

Nov 05, 2009

bookshelves: favourite-covers
Read from March 16 to 17, 2010

When this book came to me in the post, i was suprised by its size. Not many young adult books are so big! And now i know why it's so big. The book was really drawn out and full of bits that didn't need to be there, plus repetition. I also thought that the main character was very naive at it annoyed me at times. Having said all that, i did enjoy the book. I thought that it was a good story idea, (if not a little too like Evermore) and it made me want to read the next book. I think that if it had been shorter, without losing any of the story, then i would have given it 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fallen.

03/16/2010 page 238
52.65% "I'm not quite sure why this book is so long. All thats happened so far is Luce trying to figure out if Daniel likes her or not. Boring."

Andrea Howarth-Salazar I think that it gets better towards the end - the pace is much faster. At the start, I almost gsve up reading it as nothing was going on at all, but it definitely picked up and has stayed in my mind now.

message 2: by Jo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jo I totally agree. The middle was almost painful to read becase it was just going nowhere and nothing really happened till right near the end. I am hoping that the next book isn't so drawn out and boring in the middle.

Andrea Howarth-Salazar And the main character (can't even remember her name now!!) is quite annoying. She claims to be intelligent but acts like an idiot over the two boys!

message 4: by Jo (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jo Yeah she was a bit dumb