LiteraryLover's Reviews > Pride

Pride by Rachel Vincent

Dec 26, 09

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, shifters-werewolves, paranormal
Read in November, 2009

Pride continues shortly after Rogue left off. Faythe is on trial for her actions at the end of the previous book. However, it seems like her entire life is put under a magnifying glass and all her mistakes have come back to bite her on the ass once again. At first Faythe feels worried that the verdict will be for her to be caged or declawed. By being declawed she would be left helpless to defend herself for life. But she soon finds out that execution is also on the plate as well, especially in the eyes of a particular Alpha judging her trial. However, a group of strays interrupt the proceedings after several hikers go missing nearby. They also find what seems to be a female stray in the territory. Add to the mix several attacks to Faythe by the strays while she's trying to help and she doesn't know what to do with Marc after their relationship has changed in the previous book. It's definitely one roller coaster ride after another in this latest installment.

These books seem to get progressively better and better. There's something happening every minute of this book and it all kept me riveted. The endings are always big and full of surprises and this one's no different. This one in particular left me dying to know what happens next.
6 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pride.

Aimee You're right. This series does get better as you go. The next one completely knocked my socks off.

message 2: by Rane (new)

Rane Great Review Summer! I love a series that gets better as it goes then gets worse XP