Mary's Reviews > Bed of Roses

Bed of Roses by Nora Roberts

Jan 04, 10

bookshelves: 2009
Read in November, 2009

** spoiler alert ** Nora Roberts has a formula in her romance series that really works for me. Woman meets man, woman falls for man, man and woman are happy together, something happens to mess that up, but man and woman become happy again by the end of the book. It's a winning theme that carries across many of her books, and it is one of which I will NEVER tire.

This series doesn't have quite as much strife in it as some, as the something happening to mess it up is more like an argument and a misunderstanding than something like a not-so-friendly ghost coming back from the grave to drive the lovers apart, causing them to be in mortal danger. However, the first two books have still been wonderful stories about likable characters that you can't help but root for. The wedding business that the four main characters share serves as an enjoyable backdrop for all the drama. As someone who LOVED her own wedding (and especially the details like the flowers, the cake, and the photos), it's so fun to read about the wedding planning business and experience the over-the-top affairs these women plan.

My only criticism is that we will have to wait so long for the next book! As with any of the Nora Roberts series I have read, I want to continue with the story now! However, I know it will be worth the wait...it always is.
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bed of Roses.