June's Reviews > Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem by Autumn Cornwell

Nov 28, 09

Read in November, 2009

Good story. Pretty inspiring for the young ladies who really want to have unique experiences but don't have the "luck" of getting whisked away to foreign countries to have unrealistic experiences. There's a good message in this book somewhere, but the story just tries so hard! And for that, I just can't give it a really great rating. It's a good book for parents to feel good about giving to their kids, but in my opinion, I could see this book messing with my mind at a young age. I could see myself reading this book at that age and saying, YEAH RIGHT and then feeling bad that I am too poor and too messed up to ever have that kind of experience so why not just eat more junk and watch more shitty TV? I am not really knocking it, but this might make some young ladies feel really confused about how life is supposed to work out. I guess that's just he bane of YA's existence, though. If it's too fantasy driven, it's mindless and if it's too "feel good," then it's unrealistic. Oh well. I didn't not like this book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Carpe Diem.