Amy (mrsAmy#s)'s Reviews > The Whistling Season

F 50x66
Nov 05, 09

bookshelves: 50-in-2009
Read in November, 2009

I had a hard time rating this book, so let me lay out the pros and cons.

Cons: Plot is a little dull compared to some other recent books I've read. I mean, it takes place out in Nowhere, Montana- so there's not a lot going on.

Pros: Perhaps part of the book's appeal is that despite the lack of real excitement, I definitely loved the characters enough that I wanted to keep reading. Which leads me to...

Pro: The characters were awesome. I feel like I know them, and the book wasn't that long. I really loved the narrator Paul, and his brothers, his father, and of course Rose and Morrie.

Pro: Speaking of Morrie, one of the best parts of this book was how it made me think back about all the amazing teachers I've had in my life and how truly important they are. I loved Morrie the teacher, which brings me to.... **spoiler here**

Con: The ending? Here I loved Rose and Morrie the whole book, and well, they just don't turn out to be as good of people as you think they are. I think that kind of ruined the respect I had for Morrie as the teacher. Also...

Con: I'm not sure I got what Paul was saying on the last page. I read it like 3 times but I'm still not sure what happened.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Whistling Season.