Minnie's Reviews > Dracula

Dracula by Bram Stoker

Nov 03, 2009

Read in April, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dracula.

Quotes Minnie Liked

Bram Stoker
“Remember my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker”
Bram Stoker, Dracula

12/10/2009 page 47
9.63% "Reading this book and Ace of Heart. Whoa!"
01/16/2010 page 133
27.25% "I see a different plot appearing, I think. Will tell you after I read more."
01/16/2010 page 133
27.25% "I see a different plot emerging, at lease for me. Have to read more to see." 1 comment
02/08/2010 page 225
46.11% 1 comment
04/09/2010 page 237
48.57% "I refuse to finish this book. I read a little each day and sometimes re-read."
show 4 hidden updates…

message 1: by Minnie (last edited Nov 15, 2009 08:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Minnie I am fascinated with this book. I decided on reading it as I got deeper into my vampire MS. I'm approaching my novel as "what if." All my characters are vampires with only a few victims. I'm not ready to review Count Dracula yet.

I might add that I've been reading Anne Rice and L.A. Banks for years. Rice brought Lestat to life and Banks brought Carlos Rivera--my favorite character--to life. Both books different yet the same in their core.

Stephanie How are you liking Dracula? I'm almost done with it but currently immersed in a different series.

Minnie Stephanie wrote: "How are you liking Dracula? I'm almost done with it but currently immersed in a different series."

So far, it's what I've been looking for--an original Dracula book. I'm not done but don't want to rush through. I'm looking for insight into the myth and how it came about.

Thank you for stopping by.