Literary Ames {Against GR Censorship}'s Reviews > Evermore

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Jul 12, 2014

did not like it
bookshelves: young-adult, paranormal, read-in-2010, 1st-in-series, bye-bye, i-heart-the-cover-art, series-abandoned, dtb
Read from February 27 to 28, 2010

I really want to give this a better rating for the easy writing style and the effortless flow which kept me hooked but I can't ignore this book's faults.

Throughout I got annoyed with Damen's constant excuses and apologies and from the moment after Drina attacked Ever everything got a bit corny and Damen's explanation of what he is didn't quite feel right. However I did love the thing with the flowers and their meanings and the way he gave Ever some of her confidence back. The Riley dilemma was well-written and I could understand Ever's feelings toward Ava, she was always smiling and came off as arrogant, why would Ever think Ava could help if she was like that and going behind Ever's back and talking to Riley?

Some may compare this to Twilight but I think that's unfair, it has more in common with the Vampire Diaries. Both of the heroines have lost their families in car accidents, both are finding it hard to adjust to a new life with an aunt, both meet a mysterious new student at school and the similarities continue only Stefan was a vampire and Damen is not. Drina could have been the Damen character from the Vampire Diaries in disguise but she was more pathetic though her manipulation of Haven was creepy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.