Jennifer Wardrip's Reviews > The Reckoning

The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong

Nov 04, 2012

bookshelves: trt-posted-reviews, trt-gold-star-award-winner, read-by-other-reviewers

Reviewed by Breia "The Brain" Brickey for TeensReadToo.com

THE RECKONING takes up right where THE AWAKENING left off.

Derek, Simon, Chloe, and Tori are temporarily safe from the Edison group. They are with Andrew, who is a friend of Simon and Derek's dad, the man they were told to go to if they were ever in any trouble. They are just starting to settle in, and Derek is so very close to changing for the first time that just about anything could set him off. After being under so much stress, is it any wonder when the teens start to second guess each other?

The relationships between the four continues to develop. Chloe finds herself developing feelings for one of the boys. More secrets continue to crop up as they learn about the experiments that the Edison group conducted. Alliances are tested and what they thought they knew no longer seems true. Do they continue to trust others, or do they begin to trust in each other to see it through to the end?

This was a very exciting conclusion to the DARKEST POWERS trilogy, and fans of Kelley Armstrong won't be disappointed. With a fast-paced and elaborate plot, I was kept glued to the edge of my seat until the very end. Her characters are not the candy-coated teens that many might expect in a young adult book, but young people with wants who are willing to fight to get what they need.

With amazing action, suspense, and wonderful characters, I was sorry that this is the end of the series. Ms. Armstrong has such strong writing skills that it makes her books a definite auto-buy for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Reckoning.

message 1: by Christine V (last edited Apr 30, 2010 06:43AM) (new) - added it

Christine V Medina I added this series to my shelve. The cover actually caught my attention (talk about judging a book by its cover huh!). With this review I am more interested in reading the books.

Alyssa hoffmaster i got this book out from the library and three weeks later its still on my pile to read from the library, i actually thought i was going to hate this book, idk why but yesterday i started reading it and i couldnt put it down. As soon as i finished i ordered the second and third book and i am so excited to get it.
This is a really great series and i cant wait to get my hands on the other two books.