Luke's Reviews > America's Real War

America's Real War by Daniel Lapin

Nov 02, 2009

Read in January, 2010

This is a fantastic book. I would recommend this book to anyone who is struggling to understand the currents which have underpinned and driven political action in this country over the past 30-40 years. He explains that there are essentially two camps fighting for control over America's future. All issues and conflicts can be traced back to this one point: do you believe that the America which our Founding Fathers established, using the Bible as a blueprint for our nation, has provided the best environment for our current prosperity and freedoms and that this vision can continue to provide such? Or do you believe that the Judeo-Christian ethic is outmoded, irrelevant, or even dangerous and should be expunged from public life and ostracized when expressed personally? Rabbi Lapin's premise is that any political and social issue found in our society today hinges on how this question is answered.These two categories aren't as cut and dry as you might think. Proponents of the Judeo-Christian ethic might not be theists at all, but might still be able to recognize the benefits from a civilization based in this worldview. Likewise, allies of secular American civilization might be "religious" voices.

This book, written 10 years ago but remarkably prescient, is a clarion call to conservative Americans who believe in the strength of our Judeo-Christian roots here in America. The assault against these roots began in the 60s and is accelerating at an every increasing pace today. The bad news is that this attack will not slacken without opposition. The good news is that we have men like Rabbi Daniel Lapin to delve into these issues and to serve as the watchmen on the walls.

Thank you for taking the time to read this review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read America's Real War.