Ivy's Reviews > The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands

The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands by Laura C. Schlessinger

Oct 12, 07

Recommended for: Women who are looking for a great way to make their relationship better.
Read in February, 2006

This book sparked conroversy in my family. One half of us thought the book made good points and put the way we treated our men in to perspective. The other half of us thought that this approach was unrealistic. Overall, my feeling about the book really cross over to real life for me. Although, I am not willing to go as far as she recommends for some things...I am my father's stubborn daughter. I work in a dental office and my first few weeks were very difficult for me. The Doctors are really great and the job is not difficult but, when we were expected to fetch lunch and make it 'this way and that' I felt it crossed the line of employee vs. maid and cook. Then, one day I realized why...It's not because they need us to serve them(I am not actually sure they could do it themselves. Hee hee), They want to feel like we were caring for them. I know it sounds strange but after I got over the "I am not doing this and I am not your servant!" attitude. I found that serving in a non-servantish way but a "Hey, you are important to me." way then I was totally fine with it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands.