JayeL's Reviews > A Year of Mornings: 3191 Miles Apart

591995
Nov 02, 09

bookshelves: 2009
Read in November, 2009

My good friend is a great source of new books. When I arrived at her house today I was confronted with a stack of books to look at, review, read and peruse. A Year of Mornings was among them.

This book is the culmination of a year long joint blog project in which the authors posted a morning picture each day. I liked the idea of this book. It was mostly pictures and could be a source of inspiration. I can imagine putting a piece of tracing paper over one of the photos and tracing an outline of the shapes to get me started on a quilt.

The photos have a certain color and 'Shabby Chic' aesthetic, which I think demonstrates the authors' style as well as their surroundings.

One thing about this book is that it is a celebration of the every day. There are rumpled beds, half eaten bowls of oatmeal, braids and small children reading Calvin and Hobbes at the breakfast table. I like that about this book, because I, sometimes, think that we look for the special and extraordinary outside of our lives and try to draw it in without looking at the specialness of the every day IN our lives.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Year of Mornings.