Spoonbridge's Reviews > A Lifetime of Secrets: A PostSecret Book

112040
Nov 03, 09

bookshelves: library-book, web-original
Read in November, 2009

Like Found Magazine, PostSecret has become a bit of a daily routine for me, checking out the websites. Each offer insights into the lives of normal, everyday modern people and in my opinion help to build empathy for other humans. Unlike Found, PostSecret invites people to create their own condensed feelings on their lives, triumphs, tragedies, and everything in between and since I love postcards, the project has an added aspect for me. "A Lifetime of Secrets" is one of the best post secret collections as its "secrets" span the life and I was surprised at how many older people have sent in their own thoughts, each reflecting their own views as mature adults but interestingly similar to those of younger people. I think this could foster some understanding between generations, as each has struggled with the same concepts as any other. "A Lifetime of Secrets" is, like other PostSecret books a quick read, but a poignant one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lifetime of Secrets.