bookczuk's Reviews > Fatally Flaky

Fatally Flaky by Diane Mott Davidson

Nov 05, 09

bookshelves: audio, bookcrossing, cozy-type-mystery, thank-you-charleston-county-library
Read in November, 2009

Goldy claims it's bridezilla Billie who is flaky, but once again, Goldy tampers with evidence and does some really stupid things in the safety department while trying to work through her grief at the death of her godfather Jack, who was murdered trying to discover the murderer of his best friend Doc Finn. I like these books because they're pretty light reading. Actually, I tend to listen to them on audio in the car rather than read them. They don't distract me too much from driving except when I find myself yelling at Goldy for doing something stupid.

This one was pretty much typical of Goldy. Poor Tom, her ever patient homicide investigator husband. He must be the butt of tons of jokes at the station about sis busy-body wife. The two "kindly" characters in this book, who both end up dead, never really struck me as especially great guys, and made me think, once again, that if I lived in Aspen Meadows, I'd make sure my life insurance was paid up. The regular cast of characters appears again, and there are the usual allotment of nasty folks to distract the reader.

Now highbrow literature, but for what it is, not bad. One thing that annoyed me is that we keep hearing about the fact that Marla had a heart attack, but she's wolfing down hi-fat food like there's no tomorrow and throwing back an awful lot of booze for someone on a heart protocol. Always interested in the recipes, particularly Julian's, though how only one of these characters has had a heart attack, with all that butter and cream used, is the real mystery.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fatally Flaky.