Katharyn's Reviews > Valley of Silence

Valley of Silence by Nora Roberts

Nov 01, 09

bookshelves: romance, supernatural-fiction
Recommended to Katharyn by: my mother
Recommended for: romance and fantasy readers
Read in November, 2009, read count: 1

Vampire warfare calls upon an medieval Irish sorcerer to gather a circle beyond worlds and time, the Valley of Silence is were the battles takes place.

With the last preparations at hand the local women having been taught to defend themselves if and when necessary decide to follow the lead of these strong strange women from the future who trained them, and demand to march with the men to war. Thousand of pieces to the preparations all having to be over seen at some level by one of the circle, can she not take just a little something for herself?

The third romance of the circle is one both involved pushed away, knowing only sorrow could ultimately come from it; but just how long can we hurry up and wait to fight damnation as we fight our hearts, beating or otherwise, at the same time?

The third book in the circle trilogy is a good balance of fantasy, romance, and suspense. The ultimate battle wasn't anticlimactic, but a little short and lacks some of the suspense better placed throughout the trilogy. The Romance story line bringing both laughter and tears making this a top notch romance novel, while maintaining the fantasy of the over arching story line.

I'll admit, I was hesitant to read Nora Roberts. Television advertisement for literature I'm sure will one day be the norm, but currently I find the practice off putting; however, once I picked up the books I couldn't put them down. They're not the best books ever, but the romance novel enthusiast in me devoured them with delight (the type of reading that while you're engrossed in the moment, you find yourself unlikely to ever pick up the book for a second read). I turned to this series 'cause I needed a break from heavy reading, and I'll keep Nora Roberts in mind the next time I find myself needing such a break.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Valley of Silence.