Rebecca's Reviews > The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl

The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond

Nov 01, 09

liked it
Read in November, 2009

This cookbook is like no other in my cupboard... which is both a good thing and a bad thing. I've only recently started reading her blog recently, and knowing that she has a blog, I'm a little disappointed at how few recipes are in the book. She had soo many recipes w/ pictures taken at her disposal, so I expected more recipes (especially considering how big the book is). So that's the bad, but there is good! I love having step-by-step instructions for each of the recipes. And I love knowing that none of the pictures were taken by a professional photographer and that the food wasn't artistically enhanced by someone. Ree Drummond took all the pictures and made all the food, so it's possible for an actual human being to make the food look the way she does!
I also like the set-up, having the different recipes organized by what meal you would typically eat it at (although I wouldn't eat any of these for lunch). The best though, is seeing her sense of humor come out in the recipes. This cookbook is fun to just read through, even if you don't have time to make any of the recipes right then.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Pioneer Woman Cooks.