Mary's Reviews > Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps for Attracting Your Perfect Mate

Become Your Own Matchmaker by Patti Stanger

Nov 30, 09

bookshelves: love-and-dating

** spoiler alert ** Patti Stranger is indeed strange. I don't like her attitude towards men (personally, I think she has issues with the opposite sex rooted in a firm resentment) -- but what I did like was some of the advice she gave regarding how to approach the initial days of dating someone new. She encourages women to let the men behave like men and to expect that from them and nothing else. In that regard, it's worked for me.

However, it's not all the greatest advice, but some of it is practical. You can tell it stems from her matchmaking service, which I don't think is a fair representation of the general population (but some population is better than none if you're going to draw some conclusions). Because of this, I think she is focused too much on superficiality instead of reality.

My main problem with this book is her focus on "getting the ring." She assumes that every woman is out for a diamond ring first and foremost. I think there is a very big difference between finding a lasting partnership and hunting for a guy to buy you a diamond ring. I'm not sure if the author really grasps the difference in that.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Become Your Own Matchmaker.